RHS42 Water Softener DIY install

Users who are viewing this thread

G3lo

Reaction score
Hi all,

I was hoping someone can guide me to install the RHS42 water softener. I am specifically having difficulty understanding what to use for connecting the softener to my existing water lines that seem to be cpvc.

I saw a YouTube video of where someone used 1” to water softener and the other end is 3/4” shark bite flexible metal tubes to the house water flow. However, my cpvc seem to be 1” in the house. I would need to convert 1” to 3/4” to use such product. Wouldn’t that reduce flow of water? Is that recommended?

Or, would you just glue a bunch of elbows and cpvc together?

Attaching picture of my water line that I need to tap the softener to as reference.

House water line picture attached measures 1 inch pvc pipe. I think it’s also 1 inch for the RHS42.

Attachments

• 5AE80AB6-334F-4CBB-BB6B-C1EEB5C431E8.jpeg
    5AE80AB6-334F-4CBB-BB6B-C1EEB5C431E8.jpeg
    44.9 KB · Views: 97

G3lo

Reaction score
I think the pic above is what they call a loop inside my garage that uses CPVC. Would you recommend just using CPVC and Elbows to join them using CPVC glue? If so, what glue?

Or, SharkBite 1” to 3/4” reducer and use the SharkBite metal pieces to attach to water softener?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks