Rheem Pro G98 75U RH Classic Plus with Power Vent/Issues

Users who are viewing this thread

Steve565

Reaction score
We have a 5 Year Old Power Vent 98 Gallon Gas Heater Rheem Pro G98 75U RH that has been having the same issues for years. We keep getting moisture outside where the drain pipe goes. The Plumber has replaced the T & P valve twice already with the factory part. We also have an issue with temperature. At the "Normal Setting" the water is way too hot and can burn at the faucet or shower, which also causes even more moisture outside from all that heat. If set at one notch below normal, the water is lukewarm at best. The plumber added an expansion tank a few years ago and that did nothing. Instead of me buying another T & P valve I was going to ask Rheem for one along with a gas control unit for the temperature, but was thinking of asking for a brand new heater since it has an 8 year warranty and we are not sure these parts would solve the problems. Not sure what to do ? My Plumber is suggesting a commercial T & P valve instead of the small factory size.

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
The thermostat on the gas valve is bad The entire gas valve needs to be replace. The T&P opens at 150 PSI and or 210 degrees F. One of these is causing the valve to open. Another T&P won't do anything.

Fitter30

Reaction score
Expansion tank pressure has to checked after cold water pressure is checked.
Gauge and garden hose fitting be purchased at a hardware or box store.

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
your high limit in the gas valve is bad.....
you need to call rheem and give them your serial number and date of install
and they will send you out a new T-stat for the heater...

The part is FREE as in no charge....
your plumber should know this and if he is the fellow who
installed the unit he can easily get this resolved.....for a labor charge only.

also, I have never heard of a 98 gallon power vented rheem water heater...
now, their are 50 gallon units and 75 gallon power vents out there but I have never
ever seen a 98 gallon unit...

please post a picture of the model and serial number from the warranty tag to clear that
question up as to what you actually have....

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks