Rheem performance Platinum 9.5gpm vs 11gpm

Users who are viewing this thread

zver11

Reaction score
Both are condensing high efficiency propane models. The 11gpm is cheaper and includes recirculation. Oddly enough both are 199000BTU. baffled about pricing. Can the recirculating one be used without recirculation? Does recirculation cause better gpm?

I am replacing a commercial grade 100,000BTU Polaris tanked unit with a stainless steel tank that lasted 7 years before the tank leaked and am hoping to get a longer life. Given the expected 5+gpm effective, I would like to squeeze as much output as possible, but do not want to go up to much further to avoid needing new gas lines for house.

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
I would recommend Noritz or Navien condensing over Rheem. I particularly like the multi-line display on Navien.
But, Navien does currently have a problem with the check valves going bad prematurely.
Polaris have a 10 year tank warranty. Why not invoke the warranty?

Fitter30

Reaction score
9.5 gallon rated @77° rise
11 gallon rated @ 67° rise looking at their specs @ 77° their about the same. This heater is classed as super efficient. Couldn't pull up install manual for the recir info.
With any brand the contractor needs the training and parts availability.

JustWantHotWater

Reaction score
With Rinnai and Navien you can turn off the internal recirculation pump. You would need to find a manual and validate accordingly.

Both Rinnai and Navien advertise 11 GPM also, but the delta (difference between inbound water temp and tankless set point setting) has to be some super low amount like 30 degrees or something like that.

Right now, my delta is like 76 F and hence the most I am getting is like 5GPM (maybe a bit more) out of my Rinnai RSC199.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks