Revitalize 2" well

Users who are viewing this thread

MrGidd

Reaction score
Here's my situation: I bought a 55 year old house in mid-west South Carolina 2 years ago. Currently water is supplied from a rural water system. However, originally water was supplied from a 2" well (at least that is the pipe sticking out of the ground a few inches). About two feet down the pipe is reduced to 1 1/2". I cleaned out the debris, and have dropped a plumb-bob down. It went down about 150' before stopping. The string was wet about 40' above the plumb-bob when I pulled it out. To save water bill money, I would like to use this well if possible for irrigation purposes. Is this doable? I am supposing a jet-type pump would be required. Thanks for any input/suggestions.

MrGidd

Reaction score
These are the pics of what I have. The casing is 2". About two feet down is a 1.5" pipe.

Attachments

• 20200921_083351.jpg
    20200921_083351.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 128
  • 20200921_083415.jpg
    20200921_083415.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 133
  • 20200921_083450.jpg
    20200921_083450.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 120

Reach4

Reaction score
To get that going again, you would need a casing adapter to connect two pipes between the pump and the coaxial piping arrangement.

https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/what-is-this-part.60756/

EDIT: After looking at the pictures, I am not sure what is going on. I was thinking there could have been a pitless adapter down there, but in that case, you could not have passed a plumb bob.

Could the casing adapter have been removed, and the inside pipe went down? If so, bringing that up could be difficult, because some gasketing called leathers could add a lot of friction.

So search terms I would start with are "deep well" jet pump packer "leathers"

Last edited:

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Like Reach says, probably a packer down there. If you can get a hold on the 1.5" pipe you can pull the leathers loose and get the inner pipe and packer out.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks