reverse osmosis makes noise

Users who are viewing this thread

VegasHomes

Reaction score
I hear the noise of water running coming out of the drain for the kitchen sink. It is quite loud and sometimes goes on for hours. Is there a way to lessen the noise. Is this normal?

Thanks

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Install the drain for the ro closer to the water level of the trap.
less distance to fall the quieter it will be.

VegasHomes

Reaction score
Install the drain for the ro closer to the water level of the trap.
less distance to fall the quieter it will be.

How long is it supposed to run? Sometimes it runs for hours even though we just used a little water.

Last edited:

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
A small home RO unit may only be rated at 3 to 5 gallons per day. SO if you use a few gallons of water, the unit will be doing makeup essentially 24/7

Radon Contractor and Water Treatment
Reaction score
Website
www.78radon.com
As a general rule it takes 4 gallons to make 1 gallon of RO water. I located my RO unit in the basement, directly below the kitchen, and routed the line up to the kitchen sink for a POU faucet so I don't have to listen to tingling all the time:D

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks