reverse osmosis - can the tank go after the pre-filter?

Users who are viewing this thread

mageus

Reaction score
device - Watts Zero-4 "no waste" reverse osmosis system

This is an under-sink 4-stage reverse osmosis system with a tank, output to the sink tap, and waste going to the hot water pipe. The filter series is:

cold water -> sediment -> carbon -> pump -> RO -> pre-filter -> tap
The tank splits off _prior_to_ the pre-filter, and has a pressure sensor before it to control the motor / solenoid.

I'm re-plumbing the system to separate the filter block from everything else under the sink, and have 6 tubes running between them. There are
2 separate tubes for the tank and tap.

Can I have the RO filter connect directly to the pre-filter, and Y the tap / tank after the pre-filter? This would save me one tube coming from the filter block. I understand that the pre-filter is both for filtration and to add taste back in. Why is the tank placed _before_ the pre-filter?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks