Reverse Osmosis Air Gap Faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

jessb_55

Reaction score
Hello there,
I had a company install a RO system for me and I hate the faucet they used as it's almost the same size as my main faucet. However I'm having a heck of a time finding a smaller faucet that I like in stainless steel. I finally found one from Home Depot however it's intended for an air gap system which I do not have. So first question can I still use this type of faucet with my system? Secondly to make the faucet fit in my 3/4 hole I would need to snap off the two air gap nipple connections, is that okay to do or does that affect the faucet? And lastly I've read about how these air gap faucets are on the noisier side but I'm assuming that's only when they are hooked up to an air gap setup, is that accurate?

Thanks All!

Aaroninnh

Reaction score
Hello there,
I had a company install a RO system for me and I hate the faucet they used as it's almost the same size as my main faucet. However I'm having a heck of a time finding a smaller faucet that I like in stainless steel. I finally found one from Home Depot however it's intended for an air gap system which I do not have. So first question can I still use this type of faucet with my system? Secondly to make the faucet fit in my 3/4 hole I would need to snap off the two air gap nipple connections, is that okay to do or does that affect the faucet? And lastly I've read about how these air gap faucets are on the noisier side but I'm assuming that's only when they are hooked up to an air gap setup, is that accurate?

Thanks All!

This is what I went with if it helps. Pretty small and dainty. Made in several finishes, and it doesn't seem to be a piece of crap like a lot of RO faucets. I can take a pic next to our kitchen faucet if it helps with scale.

https://www.contractoraccess.com/product/22108/

jessb_55

Reaction score
Okay thanks for the info. Would I be able to trim those air gap connections off so I could use this with my 3/4 hole?

jessb_55

Reaction score
This is what I went with if it helps. Pretty small and dainty. Made in several finishes, and it doesn't seem to be a piece of crap like a lot of RO faucets. I can take a pic next to our kitchen faucet if it helps with scale.

https://www.contractoraccess.com/product/22108/
Thanks, unfortunately it looks like I have to have an account for that website just to see price and specs as I don't know if it would fit a 3/4" hole. Plus the faucet doesn't seem to come in Stainless steel but I do like the size of the faucet much better than the 11 inch one we have now.

I really like this one
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Glacier...et-in-Stainless-Steel-67257W-0108D2/300687619

its only about 9 inches tall and has a more curved handle like our main faucet. The only problem is that it won't fit our hole properly because those air gap fittings keep it from sitting properly on the counter.

Here's a pic of our current setup. I don't think the RO faucet is ugly, I just want something smaller.

Attachments

• 20201231_004601.jpg
    20201231_004601.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 182

jessb_55

Reaction score

Aaroninnh

Reaction score
Thanks, unfortunately it looks like I have to have an account for that website just to see price and specs as I don't know if it would fit a 3/4" hole. Plus the faucet doesn't seem to come in Stainless steel but I do like the size of the faucet much better than the 11 inch one we have now.

I really like this one
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Glacier...et-in-Stainless-Steel-67257W-0108D2/300687619

its only about 9 inches tall and has a more curved handle like our main faucet. The only problem is that it won't fit our hole properly because those air gap fittings keep it from sitting properly on the counter.

Here's a pic of our current setup. I don't think the RO faucet is ugly, I just want something smaller.

Im pretty sure your RO spigot is the same one I sent you a link to already.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
easy job . log on order faucet install. personaly I think Id pass on redrilling

jessb_55

Reaction score
so I installed the glacier bay faucet and I think it looks much better but now i'm starting to wonder if our main faucet is Brushed nickel and not stainless steel after all but maybe every manufacturer's finishes are different and it's never going to be a perfect match. What I find odd is that the original RO faucet always had a water bubble at the end of its spout and this one is doing the same thing. Is that normal because the very first "Dummie" faucet the RO installers put in didn't do it but the 2nd "premium" faucet, the one I didn't like also had this bubble.

Do I now have two faucets each with bad cartridges?

jessb_55

Reaction score
So I ordered a new faucet but it doesn't have the same hookup as my other one. In fact it doesn't have threads at the very end either but comes with the compression fitting but I have no idea how to connect to the other end. Any advice please?

Attachments

• received_417262813047410.jpeg
    received_417262813047410.jpeg
    181.7 KB · Views: 158

jessb_55

Reaction score
This is the connector off the previous one, notice it Threaded on which this one doesn't have that option.

Attachments

• 20210120_222611.jpg
    20210120_222611.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 145
  • 20210120_222619.jpg
    20210120_222619.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 154

Reach4

Reaction score
By "other end" I suspect you mean tubing. Some connectors you just shove tubing into, and the connector grabs it. I am not familiar with your parts.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks