Reverse direction of a submersible pump

Users who are viewing this thread

Taylorjm

Reaction score
At our lakefront property we use an underwater blower called an aquasweep. It’s a Franklin 120v submersible pump motor with a propeller on it and it’s mounted to our dock in a way that it pushes the surface of the water away from the swimming area to keep floating algae away. Is there any way to temporarily reverse the motor so the prop spins the other way for just a few seconds? It would help to dislodge any weeds that get hung up in the unit. I don’t know if it’s a capacitor run motor or not. There’s no special start box or anything? Just plugged in a normal 20a outlet.

Reach4

Reaction score
No. Cannot do that.

You might consider cleaning the intake. Then put on a flow inducer, and then build a cage with screening to suck strained water into.

Taylorjm

Reaction score
No. Cannot do that.

You might consider cleaning the intake. Then put on a flow inducer, and then build a cage with screening to suck strained water into.
The screen is actually the biggest issue. It gets clogged up quickly and is a pain to clean. I usually just end up removing the screen and take my chances with replacing a prop. But a quick reversal would be ideal.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks