Reusing a Clack WS1 for another pourpose

Users who are viewing this thread

s10010001

Reaction score
We ended up replacing our water softener recently as a quicker solution to replacing the resign in our existing softener. Overall out water is pretty great now.

setup: Well > Storage Tank > Jet Pump > CSV > Screen Filter > Spin down Sed Filter > 2nd spin down filter > New Softener.

Im looking into adding an iron backwash filter to replace the two spin down filters to reduce maintenance there. Our old Softener is a nicer Clack WS1 and a Clack Brand 12x52 Tank. The setup is is good working order, its about 5 years old based on the date stickers, injector is clean as is the deal in the center. The resign was horribly messed up, I dumped it and have it all cleaned out. The unit is g2g

Question: I can get new resin (appropriate for my water test results) and reconfigure the WS1 to be a down backwash filter right? Think it's worth doing or should I just not touch the existing setup since its working and my wife is happy with the water (very happy)?

if I don't end using the WS1, I could sell it pretty easy I think.

Reach4

Reaction score
For a 12 inch backwashing filter, you could be limited by the gpm available for backwash.

Reach4

Reaction score
Downflow in service, not during backwash.

This downflow vs upflow in-service explicitly comes up in calcite.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks