Retrofitting a Sloan Flushmate to Gravity Fed or Just Replace with ???

Users who are viewing this thread

Brad Anesi

DPDISXR4Ti
Reaction score
I've got two Sloan Flushmate toilets original to my 1994-built house. They leak in a couple different ways - I'm not a fan. The recent 3-day power outage here also brought to light another issue - you cannot manually re-fill them once domestic water pressure is zapped.

Is there a way to change them to a gravity-fed toilet, or should I just replace them entirely? Suggestions welcome.

Thanks...

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Flushmate pressure assist bowls have to have the pressure assist to work. They don't siphon well otherwise.

Most new toilets are working pretty well.
My favorites are the TOTO Drake and Ultramax models with the exception of the newer dual flush Drakes CST746 which I won't be selling.
The models I like:
CST743
CST744
CST454
MS604
MS854
MS853

American Standard Cadet series
Kohler toilets, like Wellworth, Highline are good.
Gerber

All toilets in the last ten years have gotten better.

Brad Anesi

DPDISXR4Ti
Reaction score
My favorites are the TOTO Drake and Ultramax models with the exception of the newer dual flush Drakes CST746 which I won't be selling.
The models I like:
CST743
CST744
CST454
MS604
MS854
MS853

Thanks Terry for the very specific recommendations.

Brad Anesi

DPDISXR4Ti
Reaction score
Just to button up this thread, I went ahead and replaced both toilets with new Toto Drakes. They've been working out just fine. FWIW, I tried listing the old ones - even just as parts - on both Facebook Marketplace and eBay, but no interest. I've recently pitched them.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks