Retro fit baseboard covers

Users who are viewing this thread

Csvt18

Reaction score
Looking to fit new baseboard covers on my combi boiler hydronic system.

Have any of you ever seen these? There is no flap to control heat output. The only part that comes off is that front panel under the top molding. The top part is almost “molded” into the wall if you will. I’m looking for covers that let more heat out.

01E6FB33-3051-4852-BD9C-4BA98F3C4D81.jpeg

Fitter30

Reaction score
Never seen that type of cover must be as old as the building. To get more heat out of the baseboard need to raise boiler water temp. Baseboard doesn't really start to heat till water temp is 120*. What is the water temperature in and out of the boiler?

Csvt18

Reaction score
Never seen that type of cover must be as old as the building. To get more heat out of the baseboard need to raise boiler water temp. Baseboard doesn't really start to heat till water temp is 120*. What is the water temperature in and out of the boiler?

it was 155f. I had to up it to 167f supply as it’s low 20s in the day and low teens at night. Average return is around 150f. I have no clue why. I cleaned all baseboards. No leaks.

Csvt18

Reaction score
it was 155f. I had to up it to 167f supply as it’s low 20s in the day and low teens at night. Average return is around 150f. I have no clue why. I cleaned all baseboards. No leaks.

My return temp varies actually. It’s only 5-7 degrees lower when main level is heating. The smallest delta I think due to the boiler being right below that floor.

5-9 delta whey only basements on. And 10-12 when upstairs is on. Also 10-12 delta when all 3 zones are on at once.

Csvt18

Reaction score
Normally the td is 20*. What brand and model of boiler just take a pic of tag .Length of baseboard and pipe size.

navien ncb180e.

we have a tri level with 1/2” standard fin baseboards. Never measured total length but every bedroom has it. We have some long runs of 8 feet or so baseboards in every room.

Csvt18

Reaction score
navien ncb180e.

we have a tri level with 1/2” standard fin baseboards. Never measured total length but every bedroom has it. We have some long runs of 8 feet or so baseboards in every room.

Measured 105’ of total baseboard in my 2100 sq ft house that’s all 3 floors.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks