"retainers" for breakers?

Users who are viewing this thread

shawnharper

Reaction score
Update!

Now all you've got to do is convince your inspector of that :D.

So! I was able to convince him that it is not backfed. He told me over the phone that he thought that panel was being fed from that breaker, so he was way off.

I had him out yesterday, and signed me off. 100%. Done with the final!

Wife and I celebrated THAT more than Valentine's day last night. 2.5 years that permit was open...

THANKS to everybody here that helped me understand the situation, and effectively explain it to the inspector.
My wife says a big thanks too (she's still amazed about these forums, even though she knows I learned how to sweat pipe (and plumb in general), tile, and build stairs through online forums...

Mikey

Aspiring Old Fart, EE, computer & networking geek
Reaction score
Hard to believe anyone would think this panel was backfed, given the huge feeders and the huge lugs they're connected to. But, always remember there are only two things you're supposed to say when a deal is closed to your satisfaction: "thank you" and "goodbye".

shawnharper

Reaction score
Hard to believe anyone would think this panel was backfed, given the huge feeders and the huge lugs they're connected to. But, always remember there are only two things you're supposed to say when a deal is closed to your satisfaction: "thank you" and "goodbye".

EXACTLY. Being told you're wrong is much easier to hear when you're being fed sugar at the same time.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks