Resistance from PEX? high flow transmitted sounds

Users who are viewing this thread

Lee Rector

Reaction score
Seeking many reply's from those "in the know out there" regarding my new dilemma or experience.

Im a diy home owner for 19 years but has been about 9 yrs since putting in a new kitchen faucet. Purchased a newer delta faucet and had the plumber install it. My main issue is wondering if the 20" PEX tubing these days tends to cause resonance of flow at a louder level. I'm not talking about water flow noise in the sink; I'm talking about these new style faucets where I am guessing its the PEX tubing allowing the flow noise to resonate back through the plumbing system and walls.(this is NOT hammering , just transmitted flow noise through the plumbing and walls).

I pulled the delta myself and took it back mainly for the noise but also other reasons; picked up a Moen and installed it. Same issue! The supply valves are opened all the way and the Moen is doing same (it has braided PEX)...... I will be up in my bedroom and it almost sounds like someone is taking a shower in the master bath. My previous Kohler Forte had the flex stainless steel supply lines and then were also attached to Stainless steel flex extensions that attached to the supply valves and was so much quieter.

So, how to resolve:
1. should I try putting stainless steel flex between the shut off valves and the Moen PEX and/or
2. should I try cutting and greatly shortening the PEX on the Moen lines and joining with the Stainless flex to leading to the valves. Baffled.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks