Resin Tank Dripping Noise

Users who are viewing this thread

Kory

Reaction score
Recently we lost water below our well pipe in our well and sucked air. Everything is back to normal after pumping the air out but I can hear a dripping noise inside of the Resin Tank about every 2 seconds. I have no idea what it could be.

thanks

Kory

Reaction score
You have air in your resin tank. A regen should get rid of the air.

Thanks, it did a regen last week but maybe it needs a couple? I forgot to add our well ran dry and our pump was on for a couple hours sucking air. I had to hook up a pump and try to pump out 400 feet of air and water for a couple days until we got a decent flow back. Does air in there cause a pipe to leak inside?

Kory

Reaction score
No, it is not a leak, just that the drops of water fall through the air make a dripping sound when they land.
I guess I can’t picture what the inside looks like. Just seems like water dripping from high up

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
Water enters at the top and flows down through the resin bed. Normally the top portion of the tank has only water (called freeboard) so that during regen, there is room for the resin to expand. If air gets into the water stream, it gets trapped at the top until a backwash cycle purges it.

AcroRd32_2020-10-28_22-32-00.jpg

Kory

Reaction score
Water enters at the top and flows down through the resin bed. Normally the top portion of the tank has only water (called freeboard) so that during regen, there is room for the resin to expand. If air gets into the water stream, it gets trapped at the top until a backwash cycle purges it.

View attachment 67412
Very helpful thank you

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks