Resin brand recommendation

Users who are viewing this thread

RaulG

Reaction score
Greetings,

I have a Fleck 5600 system that has stopped producing soft water in my house. Its filling & drawing brine ok, and I cleaned the injector in case but it looked pretty clean. I have run ResCare through it to clean the resin but it hasn't made a difference.

Is there a brand of resin media that is better than the others or is there is a preference for a certain brand? I was looking at Alamo brand A4000 8% crosslinked that I believe I can get locally but can order something else if needed. My resin tank is 9"x48" so need just 1 cu ft of resin.

Thanks

Reach4

Reaction score
Purolite top name, and their C100E is what others compare themselves to. There are other good brands. With chlorinated water, 10% crosslinked resin is worth considering, but use 8% with non-chlorinated.

If you have some iron, there is a very premium (expensive) version called SST.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks