Residential Plumbing and pipe size

Users who are viewing this thread

smilner01

Reaction score
I have a home that is on well water, at some point previous owner had a slab leak and the hot water was redirected overhead at the hot water heater. The copper coming from the pressure tank to feed the water heater and house is 3/4". The hot water that was originally feeding from the hot water heater to the house was 3/4", but when they went over head they used 1/2" copper from the water heater. All fixtures are supplied with 1/2" copper ( 3/4" to 1/2" T's from cold water side and straight 1/2" from hot water side.) I am currently remodeling the back shower and adding a 2nd valve mixer and shower head and wondered if I will have a supply problem with the 1/2" hot water line?
If I were to re-plumb the entire house, what would be my supply requirements as far as pipe size for 2toilets,1 shower with two mixers/heads,1 tub/shower, 3 bath lavitories, 3 bibs, 1 kitchen sink, 1 dishwasher, 1 clothes washer, and 1 laundy sink. Single story longest run from hot water heater to T for fixture is appox. 55' and the distance from hot water heater to pressure tank is 15', ans pressure tank to well head is 20'. I currently have a 250 gal. galv. pressure tank and will be replacing with a 86 gal bladder style. May also install a water softener.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks