Rerouting sink from Saniflo toilet to existing drain

Users who are viewing this thread

Pisti

Reaction score
So is there anything else I can do to try and solve this mystery so I can confidently connect the bathroom sink into this pipe? Or am I out of luck? Thanks again for helping to problem solve this.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
If you can see water in that pipe/trap, can you suck it out with a shop vac? If so, you then should be able to verify that it is connected to the sanitary/sewer by flushing a toilet somewhere and listening for the sound of water at that open drain.

If it were me, I would want to know if that is a trap in the ground and how difficult it would be to replace it with no trap. Cast iron traps are difficult if not impossible to snake through. So while the laundry sink is attached to it without issue, would a second fixture, albeit low volume overload it? Worst case scenario, you find it is over capacity and you switch back to the saniflo.

I think you have to determine the ABS is connected as above and that tells you what your risk factor is. If its connected, good to go with some risk. If its not connected, its a no go and wonder how the laundry sink functions.

Pisti

Reaction score
I sucked out the water and instant gas smell came out. Flushing the toilet you would see water splash by. So it seems like I should be good with the calculate risk of volume. Being a secondary bathroom sink, I am not too concerned especially with the backup of reconnecting to the Saniflo. Since it appears to be a trap in the slab and why there has never been smells coming out of the hot water pipe, I do still need to trap that pipe, correct?

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
I think I would still trap and vent it. Eventually the sink will cause some smell in that open drain. Easier to mitigate it now.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks