Request Toto Toilet Recommendations for water hose located through floor

Users who are viewing this thread

Researcher

Reaction score
I'm looking for Toto toilet recommendations that fit the following characteristics:
- 12" rough in
- One-piece skirted
- Elongated bowl
- High/large water spot (don't want skid marks)
- Washlet+
- Definitely getting the S550E Washlet seat
- Great flushing power
- Interested in Legato, but may be too wide (see challenge below)

Challenge:
The location of my water hose originates from the floor and is approximately 6" away from the trap center line.
1. With my configuration, are skirted toilets out since my water hose is only 6" off the center line? Any way around this without relocating the line?
2. Does anyone know the width of the Legato in the rear? It tapers in, but the Toto spec sheet doesn't show the base width in the back.
3. If skirted Toto toilets are out due to my configuration, any recommendations (UltraMaxII #MW6043056CEFGA#01? Drake #MW7763056CSGA#01 even though it's a two piece?)
4. Any pics of non-skirted Toto Washlet+ toilets that have washlet seats and large water spots? Will the S550E hoses and wires be visible even though it's a Washlet+? I'm assuming they will be. There seems to be many positive reviews of the new 2021 Drake. Would you recommend the Drake paired with a S550E over the UltraMaxII?

I appreciate your help. I tried to upload pics, but all of the files were too big.

legato_03.jpg

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
How far from the wall does the water line come out of the floor?

If you have a CAD program, I think the site has CAD diagrams that might give you more detail.

Depending on the flush volume, the water spot can't hold more water than what it takes to flush the toilet, so a 1.6g flush unit will have more water. That water spot can either be deeper, or wider, but can't really be both, or when it is flushed, you won't end up with all clear, clean water in it.

The II series of Totos all have the swirling flush that helps with cleaning the bowl after flushing. If you regularly leave lots of skid marks, that's a good indication that your diet doesn't have enough fiber in it. My doctor had me start to use a dose of Metamucil on a daily basis, and that made a huge difference.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
An exact measurement for the supply coming up will help. Many of the skirted bowls go pretty far back toward the wall.
They do work really well though.
The Connect supply to the seat, pushed toward the right works pretty well at concealment I have noticed.

legato-spec.jpg

Researcher

Reaction score
How far from the wall does the water line come out of the floor?

If you have a CAD program, I think the site has CAD diagrams that might give you more detail.

Depending on the flush volume, the water spot can't hold more water than what it takes to flush the toilet, so a 1.6g flush unit will have more water. That water spot can either be deeper, or wider, but can't really be both, or when it is flushed, you won't end up with all clear, clean water in it.

The II series of Totos all have the swirling flush that helps with cleaning the bowl after flushing. If you regularly leave lots of skid marks, that's a good indication that your diet doesn't have enough fiber in it. My doctor had me start to use a dose of Metamucil on a daily basis, and that made a huge difference.
Thanks so much for your quick response.

My water line is approximately 3 inches off the back wall. My current toilet is an American Standard Townsend non-skirted toilet. I actually really like the toilet, but I want the Toto washlet and prefer to pair it with a Toto toilet.

I'll look into obtaining CAD software.

I think someone else in my family needs more fiber, if you know what I mean because I tend to not have that problem. But I don't like going to the bathroom and seeing skid marks.

Thanks for the clarifying info on the water spot.

Any toilet recommendations for my situation?

Researcher

Reaction score
An exact measurement for the supply coming up will help. Many of the skirted bowls go pretty far back toward the wall.
They do work really well though.
The Connect supply to the seat, pushed toward the right works pretty well at concealment I have noticed.

legato-spec.jpg
Thanks for the reply Terry. My water supply line is 3 inches from the back wall and 6 inches off the center line of the trap. If the Legato fits, I imagine that it would be up against the base.

Is there a better way to upload photos? Every time I try to attach a photo it says it's too big, but the file is only 3.6MB.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks