Replumb from well pressure tank to increase flow to outdoor sillcocks

Users who are viewing this thread

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
I only speed read this thread so in case nobody mentioned it, the Tee-off should be placed after the union, not between the tank Tee and the union. The union is there for easy servicing of the tank and tank Tee. In your pic, you call it a 1" to 3/4" adapter so it needs to be a 1" union on both sides so reduce down to 3/4" after the Tee-off.

Vinmassaro

Reaction score
Yeah you don't need that check valve. You could put a CSV1A in place of the check valve and have a constant 65 PSI at the house all the time instead of seeing it go from 50 to 70 over and over. If 50/70 make a "world of difference", a constant 65 PSI from a CSV would make an even bigger difference. So much that you probably won't even need soap in the shower. :)

Thanks, I have been looking at this as a solution for when my pressure tank needs to be replaced. I also plan to do in-ground irrigation in the future so it sounds like this will help with good constant pressure to sprinklers.

Vinmassaro

Reaction score
If it is galvanized, it will attract a magnet.

The fitting that connects to the SIDR polyethylene pipe is a barbed insert adapter.
bma-100nl-2.jpg
Brass or stainless steel is best.

For your yard water repiping, you could actually tee off in the poly before the pressure tank.

While we are naming things, the manifold connecting the pressure gauge, pressure tank, relief valve and more is called a tank tee with a union.

There is something missing from your picture. The pressure switch. The pressure switch would ideally be on the tank tee too.

I'm having trouble finding 1" brass fittings from HD or Lowes online - looks like I'd need an elbow and then the barb fitting?

https://www.amazon.com/Everflow-BRNL0100-NL-90-Degree-Resistance-Economical/dp/B00N2SBAVK/
https://www.amazon.com/Anderson-Metals-Brass-Fitting-Connector/dp/B000BQU11G/

Reach4

Reaction score

Vinmassaro

Reaction score
I will need a new piece of poly pipe to remove the check valve but having trouble finding this locally as well. Is it just not sold in short lengths from stores like Home Depot?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks