Replacing weird toilet flange

Users who are viewing this thread

Jono2

Reaction score
Redoing our whole bathroom, and after ripping out the subfloor, noticed . Hoping someone has seen this before! Maybe it's just normal and new to me.

1) Is this a normal elbow and the flange inserts into the elbow? (but I don't see a joint on the inside.)
2) is this a weird flange that goes over an elbow?
3) Is this some weird integrated flange & elbow?

I'm willing to buy one of the "flange-off" drills, but don't know if it's appropriate. There's a number on the elbow - "302" which maybe means this: https://www.southernpipe.com/7100007/Product/Charlotte_Pipe_&_Foundry_PVC_302 ? The parts are definitely glued together, whatever they are.

Appreciate your diagnosis.

imgonline-com-ua-resize-FmOegackOWJIs.jpg

imgonline-com-ua-resize-F4nVoBjkXMPah.jpg

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
You have a medium street 90 with a 4x3 hub closet flange glued over the "street" part of the 90.
If you're thinking of replacing that, it would be easier to go further back, cut the pipe and couple new stuff on.
Dismantling what you have would not be easy.

Jono2

Reaction score
You have a medium street 90 with a 4x3 hub closet flange glued over the "street" part of the 90.
If you're thinking of replacing that, it would be easier to go further back, cut the pipe and couple new stuff on.
Dismantling what you have would not be easy.5H
Thank you for the diagnosis, Terry - I will cut it all of, and put on a new extension and a typical elbow, that the flange inserts into.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks