Replacing tub/shower faucets two handle

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by c.slater, Sep 12, 2018 at 9:26 AM.

1. c.slater

c.slater New Member

We are trying to update our shower tub faucets with new nickel but have not been able to identify or find replacements. Thought it was delta, which they have d/c two handle faucets but now after sending a picture they say it’s not delta. There’s no name on it at all. So we are facing replacing the whole valve, cutting into the wall just to change this faucet. I have found faucets that look similar but don’t know how to be sure of a fit. Danco universal handles did not work. Installation was around 2004.

Attached Files:

2. dj2

dj2 In the Trades

It's most likely an 8" wide body, old style, non anti scalding. They still sell them, but may not be to code in your area - so find out.

Your other choice would be one handle with pressure balance valve. Moen or Delta are commonly used.

How you finish would depend on the type of wall surface you have.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. c.slater

c.slater New Member

So how would I find this? Is there a product # or name? Or brand? My shower is fiberglass. Trying to avoid changing the whole valve.

5. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Plumber
  6. dj2

dj2 In the Trades

HD sells them.

A notice: I have a friend who owns apartments with 2 and 3 handle faucets. A kid got slightly burnt, a jury awarded them $50K.
    Install one of these only where there are no kids, no elderly and no new construction.

7. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

Retired Systems engineer for defense industry.
    The safety code for anti-scald shower valves applies all over the USA...now, whether it is enforced or not...this applies to any new or replacement. It does not apply to a simple repair, at least in most places. If yours was installed in 2004, it never should have passed an inspection. Now, there are ways to install anti-scald as a separate device behind the wall, but you'd need an access port for maintenance. THat generally costs more for the parts and labor than a valve with the functionality built in.