Replacing sump pump basin...drain pipes are in the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Otto Thorsen

Reaction score
Howdy,

I am a facilities manager and I am replacing a cheap Home Depot pump with a Zoeller. The guys that did the install used a plastic trash can as a basin and there are two 4" pipes draining into it. This is a pretty old part of the building with brick walls and a concrete floor. The concrete floor is only about 4" deep. The dirt (pretty sandy in texture) under the concrete is starting to push the walls of the "basin" inward and there is not enough room for the new pump to sit. I would like to install a hard shell basin but I'm not sure how to navigate those pipes. Will I need to cut them and connect a segment of pipe? Any thoughts?

Thanks!

FullySprinklered

In the Trades
Reaction score
I think they originally used the trash can because the real basins only have one hole for one 4" pipe. If you can't consolidate the two 4-inchers into one, and feed that into the basin, you might have to go trash can shopping. You'll have to dig the hole out really big. Zoellers are good; that's what I install.

Nice hat, BTW. You look like a happy acorn.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks