Replacing shower faucet fixtures

Users who are viewing this thread

Phidel

Reaction score
Hi, I want to replace all of the leaky corroded faucets and shower diverter in my old bathroom. Lowe's sells a Danco 3-Handle Metal Tub/Shower Repair Kit For Price Pfister. It seems to have everything to replace from the bronze 1/2" fittings behind the wall outward including:

- H/C handles pair,
- diverter handle,
- 12H-2H Stem,
- 12H-2C Stem,
- 12H-18D Stem,
- (3) #38 seats,
- (3) flange and nipples

My question is How is this a "repair kit"? It seems to contain everything you need to totally replace all the faucet hardware from the pipes outward. Am I missing something?

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
Get PP original equipment replacement kit instead.

When you remove everything including the seats...and there are no damages to the body, it should be fine to install the kit.

However, let me ask you this: do you have any galvanized components behind the brass rough in? if you do, you will be doing only half the work.

Phidel

Reaction score
037155396191.jpg
Get PP original equipment replacement kit instead.

When you remove everything including the seats...and there are no damages to the body, it should be fine to install the kit.

However, let me ask you this: do you have any galvanized components behind the brass rough in? if you do, you will be doing only half the work.
Thanks but I'm not sure what you mean by the body. The picture of that kit looks like it has everything that I could find in my bathroom. What is the body?

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
pp_three_handle.jpg

Something like this in the wall.
Replacing seats and stems is the way to go on this. Though sometimes I open the wall a bit and replace with a single handle.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks