Replacing Peerless tank with different brand

Users who are viewing this thread

Andrea Cobb

Reaction score
Hey there!

I have a leak from my tank. It's a tight space so I wasn't sure where from. First I replaced the fill valve. Still leaking. I installed a new tank to bowl gasket... still leaking. I have a Peerless elongated toilet, but don't know the model... toilet is 13 years old. I am going to try a Fluidmaster gasket first (don't know name of other kit), but if that doesn't work I want to replace the tank... in case there is a crack I can't see. Can I replace the tank of another brand? I saw somewhere to measure the distance between the bolt openings. Thank all! Andrea

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Nope..You will have to purchase a new tank and bowl.. Probably a new seat, cuz.. why not.

But.. if you have a second bathroom in your house, why not take the tank off and set it up on a bench and fill it with water and see where it leaks from. Tighten up the bolts just to the tank so those are sealed with gaskets on the inside.. Might save you some money.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks