Replacing or Fixing External Hose Bib in Polybutylene Piped Residence

Users who are viewing this thread

TAS2826

Reaction score
We own a house that has polybutylene (BOO!! :( ) plumbing. Plan is to get it replaced in the next year or 2. No problems in the 14 years the residence has been there, but since we just purchased a year ago, I would rather not take the chance.

Anyway...

The external hose bibs are loose. The bracket (escluscheon, spelling?) that holds the bib has the screws stripped. The bibs are basically hanging loose. How do I go about fixing or replacing this? Do I have to buy a whole new faucet and bracket? Can I just buy the bracket? Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Troy

Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
polybutylene

First call 1-800-356-3498 to see if you are still eligible for the claims group repiping. I originally thought it only covered you for 12 years after construction, but when I checked my paperwork a couple of months ago, and I do not have it in front of me now, it appeared that the coverage was for 16 years. If you are still covered, I am sure that you will have at least three failure/problems before your time runs out.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks