Replacing old tub with Sigma tub

Users who are viewing this thread

Minshulls

Reaction score
We have an old house with a 6' X 8' master bathroom. During the eighties some prior owners put in a large Kohler cast iron whirlpool garden tub that I need to remove - its ugly, gray and too big for the space. The early low-flow Kohler (also gray) toilet is going to be replaced with a Toto.

We were going to do a lot of the work ourselves but my husband was diagnosed with cancer a few months ago and the chemo side effects aren't good. We are commited to do this since we had already ripped all the tiles out of the whole bathroom - floor to ceiling covered in gray tiles (except the ones around the shower so we can use still use it).

So here's my problem: I need to save money were I can and still remodel this bath so it fits the price point of this almost completely renovated million dollar home that we may have to quickly put on the market depending on my husband's response.

I think a corner tub will work the best in the space and give the bath a little more style. I've decided to go with the extra cost and get a whirlpool since they can increase resale value.

I've looked at many brands on-line. I was ready to buy the Maax Advanta one from Costco but the pump is on the right side and I don't have the access room for the pump on that side. I found a company out of Indiana called Sigma that makes gel coated fiberglass whirlpool tubs. The company's been in business for about 40 years. Has anybody heard of them?

Is there a brand or material that anyone would highly recommend for this situation? I really appreciate any help.

Thanks, Terri

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks