replacing old oil fired water heater and oil fired furnace.

Users who are viewing this thread

quarry

Reaction score
furnace.jpg I have a 40 year + old Ford Oil Fired water heater and a 40 year+ williamson 5 in 1 furnace. So its time!!!. the furnace has a 6" flue and the old water heater has a 6" flue. They are both Tee'd in to an Amerivent Model FB 7" Factory Built all Fuel Chimney. The origional builder did a real nice job, see pic. I am looking at the Toyotomi OM148 instant hot water heater ( 148K BTU )and a new Generic oil furnace/AC unit of about 150K BTU/ 3.5 Ton. The million dollar question is can I Vent the new Toyo water heater ( 148K BTU ) and the new furnace ( 150K BTU ) through the existing 7" chimney. The Toyo stove has a 4" vent that has a 5" chimney adapter accessory and is a positive draft design and the furnace will be 6" natural draft. I know the rule smaller vent on top where entering main stack and also the Toyo pos draft Vent to be atached with Y pipe. Not sure how the positve draft and neutral draft work in harmony if they do at all.

The NFPA31- 6.5.19 states, Connectors serving appliances operating under natural draft shall not be connected into any portion of a mechanical draft system operating under positive preasure.

With that being said, i only have a hundred and one visions of what they mean. Any Plumber out there who really comprehend this stuff.

Thanks Roy

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks