Replacing Niagara right side feeder

Users who are viewing this thread

JO Perkins

Reaction score
I need to replace the right side feeder stuff on my Niagara toilet. I can't find ANY instructions on how to do so..any help out there? It's not the handle side, it's the other side. I can buy the parts online and it doesn't look too difficult but would really like some help on exactly what to do. Thanks, J

niagara-tank-parts.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
I've resisted answering this as long as possible, but I just can't help myself. The best way to replace the right side feeder on a Niagara toilet is to install a Toto. Now I've said it, and I will sleep better.

Flapper

Reaction score
I've resisted answering this as long as possible, but I just can't help myself. The best way to replace the right side feeder on a Niagara toilet is to install a Toto. Now I've said it, and I will sleep better.
These TOTOs seem to make people cheesy

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I need to replace the right side feeder stuff on my Niagara toilet. I can't find ANY instructions on how to do so..any help out there? It's not the handle side, it's the other side. I can buy the parts online and it doesn't look too difficult but would really like some help on exactly what to do. Thanks, J

I'm trying to figure out what a "right side feeder" is.
The fill valve uses a Fluidmaster seal, that part threads on.

The tray is held with clips, and can be repaired. I used to sell plenty of them, mainly for condo's.
When they shifted manufacturing overseas, the quality dipped and I quit selling them. I sell have a new one in the boxes. I should really get that thing sold here in Seattle.

niagara_inside_tank.jpg

I had this one installed to use for a while. The tray holds water, which is then tipped by the handle.

niagara_angle.jpg

glacierbay_n2225_1.jpg

This one uses the same tank set up, sold as Glacier Bay. One of the worst toilets I've seen. My friend had this one. When I replaced it with a TOTO Drake II she was amazed at how much better the TOTO was. She was one very happy camper after that.

Last edited:

CountryBumkin

Reaction score
The tray is held with clips, and can be repaired. I used to sell plenty of them, mainly for condo's.

niagara_inside_tank.jpg

I had this one installed to use for a while. The tray holds water, which is then tipped by the handle.

So what is (or thought to be) the benefit of this design?
Seems to have more parts and complexity over a regular flapper type toilet. Or was it just a case of someone trying to build a better mouse trap?

Reach4

Reaction score
Right side flipper/flusher?

Looks like a cool idea -- dumping a bucket all at once from up high.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I sold them for condos because you no longer had the flapper leak. The water was in the bucket until it was dumped.
And then they cheaped them out.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
I umpired high school and college baseball for 33 years, so I have been call lots of names. But "cheesy"? That's a new one. LOL

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I umpired high school and college baseball for 33 years, so I have been call lots of names. But "cheesy"? That's a new one. LOL

Jamie and I won both our games on Wednesday. Level 5 slow pitch. Nobody is going to be scouting us for anything.
As catcher, I was giving batting tips to one of the other teams players. That's how low our level is.

Last edited:

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
I umpired fast pitch softball back in the day before slow pitch really got started. World caliber teams and players. Great times.
w

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks