Replacing motor leads on 2 wire pump

Users who are viewing this thread

TJanak

Reaction score
20180731_182735.jpg
20180704_132924.jpg
20180731_182728.jpg

Are the motor leads replaceable on what appears to be a 2 wire Red Jacket pump? It was stuck when pulled so well co pulled the wires out but from what I know the pump was running before it was pulled. Hate to just junk the pump if it could be repaired.

Thanks,
Travis

Boycedrilling

In the Trades
Reaction score
The motor leads are replaceable on the major Pump brands. Red jacket might be a problem though. In the 1980’s Red jacket was an independent company and manufactured their own motors. The first dealer I worked for sold red jacket pumps. Your 1/2 hp motor was made in 1998. By then Red jacket was owned by Marley. It went through two or three ownerships since. Along the way they quit manufacturing their own motor. I doubt if you could still get a replacement plug to fit that motor. Don’t don’t think there is a NEMA standard for the plug like there is for the motor end flange and spline.

TJanak

Reaction score
That's kind of what I figured looking at the pump. Also a Google search for Red Jacket or Marley is fairly inconclusive, so I figured they'd been bought and sold several times. I may tear it apart and learn. Nothing lost at this point.

Thanks

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks