Replacing Mechanical Valve With Solenoid Valves

Users who are viewing this thread

HeyRob

Reaction score
Hey guys! My first post (and plumbing project, other than sweating on a new 1/4 turn valve on the copper line main line of my house in the middle of the night lol) here.. wanted to see if any of you might have some advice regarding replacing my well mechanical valve with solenoid valves. You guys can see how my current set up is in the pictures... any thoughts on the solenoids replacing the mechanical? Should I just drop down off the side of the pump, as low as I can to the concrete, and have the PVC suspend the valves there? I don't have a lot of room to play with (well, maybe I do, I am a n00b lol)... any thoughts on how you guys might go about a job like this would be appreciated! Thank you all!

Attachments

• image0.jpg
    image0.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 159
  • image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 171

Boycedrilling

In the Trades
Reaction score
I haven't seen one of those rotary sequencing irrigation valves in 30 years. I understand they were quite popular in Florida. A rotary plate inside the black round valve ratchets one position each time the pump starts.

Yeah cut the old valve out. You've got some plumbing to do. You may have to dig the lines up instead of trying to hook up above ground to the three lines in use.

HeyRob

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip Boycedrilling! And yes, that valve is pretty cool! I had to disassemble it to flush out a bunch of sand after having a new well dug. Pretty simple mechanism, but it's done the job in the past.

That was my biggest concern, how I was going to route those three zones, conveniently so close together lol, to the new valves near the concrete. It's definitely going to be some interesting? work coming from with my 'skills'... I'll keep you guys posted lol. I appreciate the feedback!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks