Replacing guts of mixing valve.

Users who are viewing this thread

Addicted2HD

Reaction score
Hi,

I lost my hot water last night and with the help of an experienced friend determined that the mixing valve was shot. Rather than doing any real plumbing work I am ordering the "guts" to fit the valve. It's a Honeywell AM Series 1" 110 degree to 145 degree mixing/tempering valve.

I called a company to come out and perform the service and was quoted $759 to replace the valve!!! I paid them the $69 fee to come out and the $55 "diagnosing" fee to just get the hell out of my house. I felt like arguing the diagnosing fee because I knew what it was to start, just wanted someone to fix it. Anyway, I thought that would be interesting to some . . .

I called a local plumbing supply company and ordered the guts and it should be in tomorrow. I'm looking for advice on replacing the guts. Do I just shut off the cold water valve and turn off the boiler prior to removing the guts and replacing with the new part or do something else first?

Thanks in advance.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks