Replacing gas water heater tank. Please advise best installation without soldering.

Users who are viewing this thread

Deidrebtx

Reaction score
Our hot water heater is about 12 years old and now leaking from the bottom. It's in the center of the house in a small closet that backs up to the AC Unit. the leaking has caused damage to the floor under it but can't tell for sure how extensive until this tank is moved. Can't afford to have new WH installed but have had success installing or repairing other things in the past. Can someone take a look at the pics I've taken and recommend the best /easiest method and materials for the water and gas connections for the new installation. The WH I bought is same size etc so basically the same as the old one pictured so size is fairly close. If I've left any info out that is needed to help please let me know. Thank you for any and all advice!

Cold Water IN Shutoff.jpg
Cold_Water_IN.jpg
Gas shutoff valve.jpg
Gas_IN.jpg
Hot water OUT.jpg
Old WH Label.jpg
NewWH_pic.png
NewWH.png

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
The old copper flex lines need to be cut out and we only install nut x nut nowadays.
This project should be installed by a licensed plumber.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks