Replacing flapper Vortens Vienna II

Users who are viewing this thread

brc71

Reaction score
hello, we have a Vortens Vienna II toilet that the flapper recently began to leak. We could hear the water trickling through and a simple reach and push on the flapper would often silence it. I went to the local hardware store and purchased a replacement flapper called a "fill pro" Simple white flapper, white rubber "chain". Now when we flush the toilet, the tank drains completely before the flapper will shut whereas before, the flapper would shut after a few seconds using minimal water. Where did I go wrong and where/what can I do to get the low volume flush back? Thanks for the help.

votens_3208.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Some replacement flappers have various ways to adjust the amount of water they release. Some of them have different floats, or adjustable valves on them. The easiest thing is to buy an OEM flapper. Getting an uncommon toilet can lead to difficult to find parts...

Frenchcan

Reaction score
rubber seal

where can I get the white rubber seal under the flapper in the tank,? the toilet is a VORTENS, the tank # is 3420, the flapper # is 24070030000, the seal # is A2432.Thank you. frenchcan.

vortens-parts.jpg

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Use either a Korky p/n: 2004BP

korky-2004bp.jpg

Or a Korky p/n: 16BP

korky-16bp.jpg

Both would require adjustment as to how much water they allow into the bowl during a flush.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks