Replacing Copper Water Pipe

Users who are viewing this thread

DiYGuy2021

Reaction score
Hello.

I am wanting to replace the pictured water pipe, as I am getting greatly reduced pressure to my refrigerator. Here is the piping that I am looking to replace.

First off, what is the purpose of those valves?

What is the purpose of the pipe having the U-shaped connections, instead of being straight?

How do you replace copper piping in the middle of a run? Do I need to replace it all the way back to the hot water heater? I know when you replace waste piping in the middle of a run, you use no hub connectors (Ferncos).

Do I need to do something about the pictured gate valve?

Thanks in advance.

Fitter30

Reaction score
Hello.

I am wanting to replace the pictured water pipe, as I am getting greatly reduced pressure to my refrigerator. Here is the piping that I am looking to replace.

First off, what is the purpose of those valves?

What is the purpose of the pipe having the U-shaped connections, instead of being straight?

How do you replace copper piping in the middle of a run? Do I need to replace it all the way back to the hot water heater? I know when you replace waste piping in the middle of a run, you use no hub connectors (Ferncos).

Do I need to do something about the pictured gate valve?

Thanks in advance.
No picture. If its a straight run and you want to use copper one end a standard coupling the.other a slip coupling looks like a standard coupling but no center stop. If fridge water supply and has a piercing valve replace the valve with a different type.

Reach4

Reaction score
I am wanting to replace the pictured water pipe, as I am getting greatly reduced pressure to my refrigerator.
Was the pressure at the fridge ever higher?

If yes, you may have a clogged filter.

DiYGuy2021

Reaction score
It says the images are too large, and won’t let me upload them. Not sure how to resolve that.

Reach4

Reaction score
It says the images are too large, and won’t let me upload them. Not sure how to resolve that.
Images must be 800 pixels max in either dimension, and 200kByte max.

JPEG is usually the best compression for photos.

Mr tee

In the Trades
Reaction score
I highly doubt that your problem is a clogged copper line. That happens with galvanized piping, not copper.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks