Replacing circulating pump, How do I vent the system??

Users who are viewing this thread

Rieker8597

Reaction score
So the instructions say "Do not start the pump until the system has been filled with liquid and vented." I am not a professional but I don't have $1,200 to spend on a HVAC. I got the Alpha2 15-55f pump. What does it mean to vent the system and how do you do it?

grundfos-alpha2-15-55f.jpg

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I just checked their directions and it's even easier than what I did below.

To vent the system:
1. Turn on the water supply to the hot water source.
2. Make sure that there are no leaks in any of the connections.
3. Turn on the tap or faucet furthest from the hot water source until there is a steady stream of water with no evidence of air in the system

This was mine.
The easiest way is cut a tee into the line near the last check valve, add a valve that can open and close. The last one I did I used a angle stop for a faucet, that let me thread on a lav supply so that I could direct the air and then water into a bucket until I had bled the air out.
They want the air purged so that the pump isn't running on air.

And back to their instructions

grundfos-alpha2-15-55f.-cause.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks