Replacing Case 3000 Wall Mount Toilet with American Standard Glenwall VorMaX

Users who are viewing this thread

Kay C

Reaction score
We are doing a total remodel of a bathroom and replacing a 1960's era Case 3000 wall mounted toilet. We undertand that the 2-bolt carrier for the old Case toilet won't work on any new wall mount toilet. We're considering an American Standard Glenwall VorMax but can't find a replacement wall carrier system. What would you recommend? Is this the best choice of a new wall mount toilet? The toilet is under a window so we don't have the wall space for the newer type of wall mounted toilet that requires the in-wall tank.

index.php

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Have you opened up the wall behind? Often the carrier in back has places for four bolts and only the top two were used.

mifab_residential_carrier.jpg

index.php

Case 3000 wallhung

Last edited:

Kay C

Reaction score
We have a blue one like that. We haven't opened the wall yet, so I don't know. If we do need to replace the carrier, do you have a recommendation and a supplier?

Marlinman

In the Trades
Reaction score
This is from HJ on a earlier post.
There is no direct replacement for the Case/Briggs 3000. To replace it you have to remove the bracket mount and revise the carrier by installing the two top bolts and then using a conventional wall mount.

Norwood451

Reaction score
I Terry. My case 3000 toilet needs replacing. Is there a similar 2 bolt toilet or can we use a 4 bolt wall mount instead. If so, can you recommend the best choice to replace the case 3000?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks