Replacing Angle Stop

Users who are viewing this thread

Brad_S

Reaction score
All of the toilets in my house have PEX stub outs and angle stops like the one pictured. This is a compression fitting- so I should be able to remove the nut and ferrule and not have to cut the pex, correct? Never done this before so looking for any pointers in dealing with this repair.

View recent photos.jpg

Brad_S

Reaction score
I have the Rigid coupling remover and 1/2 inch compression puller so I believe I have the tools needed for this, but would like to hear from experts before attempting. Thanks.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
If it were me, I would buy the same brand of stop but with a ball valve rather than the multi turn. I would leave the compression nut and ferrrule in place, but ensuring that the stainless steel compression insert inside of the pex were in place.

Or crimp a Male Adapter fitting and install a threaded angle stop.

Brad_S

Reaction score
If it were me, I would buy the same brand of stop but with a ball valve rather than the multi turn. I would leave the compression nut and ferrrule in place, but ensuring that the stainless steel compression insert inside of the pex were in place.

Or crimp a Male Adapter fitting and install a threaded angle stop.
Thank you!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks