Replacing an old toilet with very narrow base

Users who are viewing this thread

Ken / New York

Reaction score
Hi, I am looking to replace an old toilet in my basement and this is mounted on a 9" wide concrete slab that is 2" raised off floor. Rather not chop out the slab. I was trying to find a replacement toilet that would fit the slab...any suggestions? Thanks for your help!

upload_2020-5-19_15-21-45.png

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Nothing new has that footprint. Sorry. The new ones are going to hang out a bit more on the side. The mounting bolts to the floor are the same though.

My guess is that they raised that because the flange was high. That was their fix.

Reach4

Reaction score
My guess is that they raised that because the flange was high. That was their fix.
I was thinking that tall height toilets may not have been readily available, but flange height certainly makes sense. It could also be that the though was that seepage water could be kept from under the toilet that way.

Ken could pour an expanded throne pedestal to fit a newer toilet.

Last edited:

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Im not getting this . the toilet should set on there fine the widest part is where the bolts are. at the front the new toilet wont be as long unless you go elongated. If you were happy the last 70 years with that toilet . youll love the new look! Just a joke but really dont get it why it wouldnt set there? not be as pleasing to eye as old one?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks