Replacing an American Standard Lexington toilet.

Users who are viewing this thread

NoEffort

Reaction score
Terry,
Came across your site while doing a search for toilet reviews.
Excellent information.

I have a 76 Ameircan Standard mode Lexington one piece that has caused nothing but aggravation over the years.
Between leaking and getting plugged up I'm ready to take a sledge hammer to it.

I would like to go with a toto drake cst744sg (i'm in CT).
Question is I hope it will fit. Without removing the toilet where is the center of the drain? Is it where the bolts are?
The tank looks like it is angled back in the pictures at your site, is this true?
And what is sanigloss? Found answer: Super smooth, ion barrier glazing cleans your toilet bowl with everyflush.
Is is necessary to get an insulated tank?

Thank you
toto_eco_drake_box.jpg

Toto Drake

Last edited by a moderator:

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
The rough in is measured from the center of the drain to the finished wall. So, how do you tell where the center of the drain is without pulling the toilet up? Measure from the flange bolts. They are centered on the drain.:)

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I've only sold a few insulated tanks.
Unless you have very cold water and high humidity, it's not needed.
Since not all the water leaves the bowl, the water doesn't get that cold in the tank.
If someone in Seattle wants insulated, I do have one.

The tanks don't lean. Maybe it's just the camera lens, or the angle I took it from.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks