Replacing a hosebib through the siding, not from inside.

Users who are viewing this thread

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Most of the time I replace frostfree faucets, hosebibs, outdoor faucets from inside the home. I locate and cut the drywall for access. Twice I have cut the siding to replace a faucet. Today was the second time in my plumbing career. Access from inside would have been a little nuts. I opted for the next best thing.

hosebib-siding-1.jpg

My holesaw did a nice job on the hole. It would have been even better if I had known that there was a rusty old 6" nipple into a drop ear. The first hole would have been all I needed. As it was, I needed to be able to put pliers on the drop ear. So..........a new faucet and a new brass nipple.

hosebib-siding-2.jpg

When done I pushed the insulation back in and screwed a cover over the hole. Wasn't going to be my job, but I did have an access panel that I was able to cut down to size. So...........for the rare, rare time you can't access the inside, this is how it can be done.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks