Replacing 70s Wall Hung Toilet

Users who are viewing this thread

Adower16

Reaction score
We have wall hung toiles from the 70s we would like to replace them but I'm not sure what to order. Any suggestions?

PXL_20220325_115933065.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
You have standard 4 bolt wall hung toilets. There are several brands to choose from. Most only come in white. The new ones tend to flush solids better and can save on your water bill. I've installed the Gerber Maxwell and the American Standard Vormax, and there others that should work well too.

Peterson

Reaction score
You have a Kohler Cayuga Wall Hung toilet. Those things use like 5+ gallons of water and they tend to flush VERY slowly. I would replace them with a Gerber Maxwell Wall Hung.

You could sell the Kohler Cayuga toilets on Craigslist or donate them to a salvage warehouse as they are kind of a rare thing.

When you take the toilet off the wall, you will have to lift it off with the tank and bowl still attached to each other. That particular tank is held on with three bolts and the back bolt/nut is only accessible if the toilet is removed from the wall. Bad design.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks