Replacement toilet seats for my TOTO toilets

Users who are viewing this thread

DMY

Reaction score
The seats on my toto 1.6 toilets need replacement (5 - 10 years old). anyone have a recommendation or do I just roll the dice and go to home depot ? thanks

Reach4

Reaction score
I like the Bemis soft close "lift off" seats.

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
Toto does sell it own seats. They can be ordered online from HD and others. Toto colors are proprietary and are a shade or two off from all other manufactures, Their white is not the same as others. If you don't care, Bemis is the best. When I bought my Toto seat, it looks like Bemis might make it for them.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The vast majority of toilets use either a round or an elongated toilet seat. The bolt patterns are standard, so it should bolt in. One thing that can make for problems is if the part that attaches to the toilet is solid across between the bolts. Some toilets are not exactly flat between the mounting bolts, and that means the hinge part that attaches will end up being bowed. That can either make it stiff or not be able to be tightened down at all, depending on the hinge design. All of the Toto seats I've seen do not have the two hinges connected flat between them, they're sort of like towers and independent...ensures they fit better.

With Toto, one of their seats will be a nearly perfect fit to the curve with little to no overhang. That may not be true of an aftermarket one, but it will still work. Same idea with the colors...you can get them close, but they may not be a perfect match. Note, being made out of different materials, depending on the light, they still could look slightly different even with a Toto seat. How shiney, smooth, etc. they are will affect the perceived color. FWIW, Toto makes two whites so getting the closest match can take a little research.

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
If you know your model number, go to the Toto web site and pull up the spec sheet for it. It will list models of recommended Toto seats. Google those and see if there's a style you like. Then you can order it at your local plumbing supply or elsewhere. A good Bemis/Church seat will fit fine, too. But I have to say I do like the Toto plastic seats.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks