Replacement handle/knob for Sterling 050-10

Users who are viewing this thread

Nicolepotts1

Reaction score
Thanks for the help with identifying my faucet as a Sterling 050-10. I have been able to find the valve for purchase on a few websites but have been unsuccessful finding a new handle/knob to go with it. The one we currently have is a dark acrylic/plastic knob and it has cracked.

Have emailed a few places online and looked at Lowes, Home Depot and Locke Plumbing and not able to find one that fits the valve stem. It is not a square stem or round, it is more of a rectangular stem with 2 rounded sides (have attached a pic).

We have tried 2 'universal' handles and neither of them fit. Any suggestions? If I am unable to find a handle, is there another valve/cartridge I can replace the Sterling with? And then maybe it would be easier to find a replacement handle?

Thanks in advance for your help!

plumbing2.jpg

Marlinman

In the Trades
Reaction score
The factory handle is discontinued. Kissler and Co. makes a aftermarket replacement. Search "Sterling 46-0204" and you will see the handle although it is clear acrylic.

Nicolepotts1

Reaction score
It looks like the broach on that one is a little different that what mine looks like. Not sure if it will fit. I may just buy one and give it a try! Who knew trying to find a simple shower handle would be such a pain. lol

Attachments

• Annotation 2020-03-03 143346.jpg
    Annotation 2020-03-03 143346.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 166
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks