Replacement for Kohler 85297-AA Fill Valve

Users who are viewing this thread

PWF

Reaction score
I bought the current replacement, which is the Silent Fill 1138930 to replace the original part on my 20 yr old Kohler 2 piece toilet. The new part fits properly, but is considerable louder and fills slower than the original. Are there any better options available?

kohler-gp1138930.jpg

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The fill valve is made by Fluidmaster, and you will notice that it came with different outlets for the rubber overflow tube to adjust how it refills the bowl. The idea is to have just the right amount going down the overflow to refill the bowl, but not to overfill and waste water down the drain.
Korky does make a fill valve that is pretty quiet, though the more recent Fluidmaster valves have been getting quieter too I thought.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks