replacement flapper for toto gmax.

Users who are viewing this thread

Jim Mills

Reaction score
Should I get a Toto brand, or are the "replacements" from the big box ok? ie. Korky brand

PS. Cant believe they are only lasting 1 year

Reach4

Reaction score
The second one.

Did you put a chemical into your tank?

Last edited:

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
As the others have said, in-tank chemicals significantly shorten the life of the rubber components.

There is a huge difference in how water is treated. If you have your own well, and the water is decent, your flapper valves may last a very long time. Where I live, they tend to use river water that has to be treated, and mine generally last 3-4 years, sometimes a little longer. It also depends on how frequently the toilet is flushed...the nasty stuff they may put in the water may outgas some on a toilet that isn't used that much, but if it is constantly being used, you're introducing fresh stuff that can attack the rubber on a regular basis.

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
And if you can't find that 'fits Toto' one, there is a more-universal 3" Korky flapper available, too. But the "fits Toto" one will work on all Gmax and a number of other Totos, but far from all of them. There's a list I made somewhere on the board. Just Google TSU331S and my list should pop up on this site.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks