Replacement feed tube in whole house humidifier

Users who are viewing this thread

Bob Nealon

Reaction score
Had to quickly replace the black rubber feed tube internal to a whole house humidifier late at night with the stores about to close. It would be similar to an Aprilaire 4335 except for a Honeywell. The ever quick wife found a bag of polyethylene plastic tubing for an ice-maker supply line before I could make it to the door. The size was right and it slid nicely onto the water solenoid on the bottom and the plastic nozzle on the water distribution tray on the top. The water is hot, but the polyethylene plastic tubing will not be under pressure as it is after the solenoid.

Any thoughts on if this is a long term viable solution or just a temporary one until I can get the right replacement?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks