Replaced well pump now have dirty water

Users who are viewing this thread

Reaction score
Our well is 25 feet deep. We replaced the pump it it was 30 years old and rusty and bad. We had very little water pressure. 1 year ago we put in a new water softner. We now have dirty orange water is this normal after replacing the pump?

Attachments

• 20180104_054218.jpg
    20180104_054218.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 239

Reach4

Reaction score
We now have dirty orange water is this normal after replacing the pump?
I am not a pro and I have no relevant experience, but I think it kinda is.

I would pump the water out at a high rate --ideally with the pressure staying between cut-on and cut-off for long periods. Be alert and shut the pump down for a period of time (I don't know how long it would be for the well to recharge) when the pump pumps dry. Don't overload your septic tank. Don't ice up the sidewalk or driveway.

You could just wait for most of the solids to settle, but I think it would be good to get some out while it is suspended it the water.

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
Maybe the new pump pulls too many GPM for the formation of the aquifer. You might need to slow it down with a Dole valve or try to develop it as @Reach4 suggested.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks