Replaced bladder tank and now have very brown water

Users who are viewing this thread

Gwiki

Reaction score
Hello~
Our bladder tank died so we replaced it yesterday...now our water is horribly brown. The tank we replaced ours with was a used fiberglass model. Could this be the issue? I know enough to be dangerous, but of all the potential problems I thought I might encounter this definitely wasn't on my list. The tank seems to be functioning very well, it's properly charged and holding pressure. The pump is set for 45/65, it's a half horse submersible pump. Beyond that I don't know much about the well. We have no filters installed, but there is a water softener. I ran the water for over 6 hours without any change is color or amount of sediment. I'm completely baffled...thoughts??

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Anytime you change something you stir up things. Run a line before the softener and see if it clears up. Just probably need more than 6 hours of running.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks