Replace valve post-meter horn

Users who are viewing this thread

techno.pagan

Reaction score
I've got some old gate valves that need to be replaced on the main water line directly after the meter.

I'd like to "pre-build" a replacement section so that I can have the water off for a limited amount of time. In looking at the meter horn it looks like a retro-fit using pack joint connections which I'd like to replace (well the on on "my" side of the meter).

But I'm unsure what to use on the meter horn - I *think* I need to remove everything down to the meter horn and add something like this:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Watts-1-in-x-3-4-in-Brass-FPT-x-MPT-Water-Meter-Adapter-LF-A907/202254986

Essentially replacing the two "nuts" on top of the horn, then I can adapt to the 3/4" copper fairly easily.

Or am I incorrect, will the bottom "nut" stay and be what I used to adapt to the copper?

Thanks,
-Paul

meter.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks