Replace Toilet Flange?

Users who are viewing this thread

brb

Reaction score
Should I replace this flange or just leave it alone during my remodel? If so am I best off cutting the cast iron pipe and using a Fernco adaptor to a new pvc flange or just using something like the Sioux chief push tite flange?

Attachments

• Flange.JPG
    Flange.JPG
    89.5 KB · Views: 237
  • flange2.JPG
    flange2.JPG
    93.9 KB · Views: 269

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Last edited:

brb

Reaction score
Thanks for the fast response Terry. After looking at it a bit more here, I also realize that due to the location of the pipe its going to be hard to find something that fits. In the pic you can see that the pipe is almost at the same height as the floor joists. With the finished floor being only another 1 1/2" above the joists. I guess I may have to go and see if I can find something that has a really tight bend which I don't think is good but not a lot of other options?

Attachments

• side view.JPG
    side view.JPG
    89.8 KB · Views: 227

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
That's why I use the spigot 4x3 closet bend with the 4" closet flange. If needed, I can notch the hub flange where it drops over the inside of the bend.
Been there done that.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks